Costs where legal aid involved — commentary update (Westlaw NZ)
Various parts of the existing commentary have been updated in light of recent cases concerning the effect of legal aid on costs in civil proceedings.
In addition, the following new sections of commentary have been added:
- [LA45.05(1)(c)] Reconsideration decision pending (re Stewart v Family Court at Auckland (Costs)  NZHC 2671).
- [LA45.05(1)(d)] General rule not followed (re Gallo v Sultan  NZHC 2310).
- [LA45.05(5A)] Effect of legal aid on discrete proceedings (re Stewart (above)).
- [LA45.05(5B)] Interim legal aid granted (re Lincoln v Attorney-General (Costs)  NZHC 1810).
- [LA45.05A] Legal aid for “civil proceedings” (re Shi v Professional Conduct Committee of the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand  NZHC 1550).
- [LA45.15(1)(c)] Costs where discontinuance of security for costs application after legal aid granted (re Beric v Eady  NZHC 2079).
For details of all recent updating in Legal Services, see the What’s New page.