Practical Law New Zealand featured content: it's all about directors
Check out some of PLNZ's resources on directors:
- Practice note: overview, Types of director (examining the various types of director recognised at law or in practice, including de facto and shadow directors).
- Practice note, Appointment of directors (setting out the procedural and other requirements that companies should follow when appointing directors).
- Practice note, Quick guide to directors' duties (a guide to the legal duties of directors of New Zealand companies, written with assistance from Cath Shirley-Brown, Partner and John Edwards, Solicitor, Russell McVeagh).
- Checklist, Directors' duties: practical tips (a document that can be given to directors to help them mitigate the risk that they will breach their directors' duties).
- Checklist, Dos and don'ts for directors of a company in financial distress (a list of dos and don'ts for directors of a company in financial distress to ensure that they avoid the risk of personal liability for reckless trading and otherwise comply with their statutory and common law duties).
Subscribers can access these resources from Practical Law New Zealand's home page. For more information, or to discuss a subscription to Practical Law, please contact Abigail Milburn, Practical Law New Zealand Lead.