Westlaw NZ Tip – How to create an Alert24 Topic Alert
Last Published: October 09, 2017
- From the Westlaw home page, begin by browsing the News & Current Awareness content type from the Westlaw NZ homepage.
- Locate Alert24 and place a tick next to the required topic or topics.
- Click the Alert icon
- From the Customise your Alert page, enter an Alert Name, select Frequency of Alert, enter a valid Email Address and click Save Alert to commence receiving your Alert24 alerts.
Other tips for setting up Alert 24 emails
- When setting up an alert from your OnePass, change the default time from 8.30am to 9am(this allows for delays that sometimes take place).
- In the “show excerpt of item” field, change the default setting of “summary” to “Full Article”
- Note the text that says “Full article applies to Newsroom and Current Awareness alerts only”– Case Law content will default to displaying as a summary, with a link to the full judgment.